If the patient’s gut microbiome is out of balance or missing beneficial bacteria, important digestive and immune functions may not work properly, causing both gastrointestinal and dermatological symptoms. Such as:
GI Use Cases
- Acute GI cases
- Chronic enteropathy cases
- Food trials
- Diet transitions
- Antibiotic-associated diarrhea
- Dietary indiscretions
- Acute hemorrhagic diarrhea syndrome (HGE)
Dermatological Use Cases
- Atopic dermatitis
- Malassezia dermatitis
- Seasonal allergies
- Non-ectoparasitic pruritic conditions
The Gut Health Test report gives you the tools to understand the digestive health of your patients. Using DNA sequencing, we analyze the bacteria in the sample, compare it to our healthy canine reference set and provide you with an actionable test report. See: Clinical Report Brief
The test kit includes everything you need to collect a stool sample from your patient, and send it back to us for assessment. You will receive a detailed report to understand and help restore your patient’s gut health.
- Fast results, receive your report in 10-15 days
- Detect bacterial imbalances and identify problematic groups that cause clinical symptoms
- Gastrointestinal symptoms
- Dermatological symptoms
- Actionable recommendations that include dietary, therapeutic, and lifestyle changes to improve gut microbiome health
- Veterinary gut health consults: 15 min consult with one of our on staff veterinarians
- To monitor the microbiome response to supplement therapy or dietary changes
- Establish a baseline for individualized patient care
- Veterinarian recommended
- over 1000 veterinarians currently use and recommend our test for their patients
> Learn More About Microbiome Testing
> Learn About Our Science
Backed By Science
We have identified the optimal microbiome make-up for healthy cats and created science-backed products to Test, Relieve, and Restore cat health.
Have more questions? Contact Us.
This individually-packed Gut Health Test is intended for at-home use when the Gut Health Test cannot be done in-clinic or if you would like to drop ship tests to your clients. Please note that at-home test kits do not qualify for expedited shipping.
Your client will be responsible for:
- Collecting a sample. The microbiome test kit includes everything your client will need to collect a small sample of the patient’s stool.
- Sending the sample to AnimalBiome. The kit includes pre-paid return mailer for your client to return the sample to our lab.
- Notifying your clinic. The client needs to notify your clinic once the test is complete and provide you with the sample ID.
Your clinic will be responsible for:
- Registering the sample. Create an account, complete your patient’s profile, and enter the six-character ID code included in the at-home test kit.
- Receiving the report. In about 2 weeks, you will receive an email notification when the test results are ready. Access the patient’s report via our online Patient Portal. The report will provide actionable information for you to discuss with your client.
The Gut Health Test kit contains everything you need to take a sample of the cat’s stool and mail it back to our laboratory.
- Sample tubes
- Wooden stick
- Prepaid Return mailer
- Test kit box