The Oral Microbiome Health Test includes everything you need to collect an oral sample from the cat, and send it back to us for assessment.
The two-test option is useful for evaluating the effectiveness of an oral health intervention, such as tooth brushing, oral prebiotics, or dental cleanings.
Within 10-15 days, you will receive an email with a link to the Oral Microbiome Health Test report. This report gives you the tools to understand the cat’s oral health. Using DNA sequencing, we analyze the bacteria in the sample and compare it to our healthy cat reference set to determine if an imbalance is present.
If you have questions about the report, email Dr. Tonya Cooksey, DVM.
- A report to help you understand the current status of the cat's oral microbiome and whether the current oral health regimen is working.
- The two-test option allows you to compare the cat’s oral bacterial community before and after an oral health intervention, such as a dental cleaning.
- Science-backed by AnimalBiome Veterinary, a leader in microbiome products for veterinarians.
1. Collect an oral sample. Use the swabs provided to collect an oral microbiome sample from the cat’s mouth.
2. Register sample. Visit the Patient Portal to register the sample. You will need to create an account and complete the cat’s profile first if you do not already have an account and profile set up.
3. Send the sample. Use the pre-addressed mailer (with prepaid postage in the US) to send the sample to AnimalBiome for analysis.
4. We analyze the sample. Using DNA sequencing, we identify the types and proportions of all the bacteria found in the cat’s oral sample and compare it to our healthy reference set.
5. Receive the report. You will receive an email notification when the test results are ready. Access the results via the Patient Portal.
The Oral Health Microbiome Test contains everything you need to collect an oral microbiome sample from the cat, including:
- Sample swab with tube*
- Return mailer
*You will receive 2 sets of gloves and 2 sample swabs with tubes in the same box if you purchase the two-test option.